This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

More columns

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I think that they need more columns for telephone numbers (e.g. home, work, mobile, fax) in order not to be multiple entries with the same name.

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I agree with you. I'll include these in the next release:

• Tel
  • Home Tel
  • Work Tel
  • Mobile Tel
  • Fax
  • Email
Apr 10, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Hello Adrian,
When is the next release?

Thanks,
Sener
Apr 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM
might be somewhere around May 2013
Apr 11, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Great! Thanks

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Hi adriancs !

I think this project is simply brilliant ! But, it lacks a few more columns for fax number, address etc.
Is there a more complete version available? You mentioned May 2013 before.

Thanks

Safai
Aug 9, 2013 at 4:46 AM
Hi, it is being composed. Should be released in these few days :)
Aug 9, 2013 at 6:53 AM
Hi Adrian!

Thanks for the good news.
Appreciate all the efforts you've put in this nice piece of software.

Kind Regards,

Safai

On 09-Aug-13 11:46 AM, adriancs wrote:

Hi, it is being composed. Should be released in these few days :)

Aug 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Hi, new version is released.
More fields are added :)

If you don't want to use the extra fields, it can be turned off too.
Due to large maintenance work of multi-language translation, multi-language user interface is dropped.
I hope this won't affected you guys from using the program. Cheers.
Aug 11, 2013 at 5:40 AM
Hi Adrian,

I've tried the new version, but, I'm afraid, I get a System.IO.FileLoadException error at the start. Any idea?
My system is: Windows 7 SP1, X64

Regards,

Safai
Aug 12, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Hi, Safai,

Yes, it happens on my another computer too. The problem does not happens on every computer.
The program runs normally in some computer and fails to execute in certain computer.
I'm in the process of searching the bugs and fixing it.
Aug 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I use windows 7, works perfect for me….

Have some suggestions

· Can’t import or add words containing (‘) sign

· Need colored background during search, it’s easier to find what you are looking for.

· To be able to change Column title (for example if you use a different language)

· Automatic text wrap, if your address or remarks are longer than your viewable row…

· And if possible, to be able to merge database with SimPB.exe to one file, easier to share.

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

Sener

Aug 12, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2013 at 4:39 AM
Can’t import or add words containing (‘) sign
This is a bug and will be fixed shortly.

To be able to change Column title (for example if you use a different language)
Automatic text wrap, if your address or remarks are longer than your viewable row
sure, this will be done.

And if possible, to be able to merge database with SimPB.exe to one file, easier to share.
This feature is already available.

Need colored background during search, it’s easier to find what you are looking for.
I'm not quite sure of what you are actually referring to. While the user key in keywords in searching bar, all contacts that contains the keywords will be displayed. Colouring the background, means colour all of them. But I guess, you are saying that the program highlight keywords from the results. I'm currently hard to achieve this.
However this is a good suggestion, this feature will be kept as reference for future development of this program. I will implement it if I find a way of doing it. The completion of this feature cannot be guaranteed.
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM
To safai,

I have made some changes to the program. You may try again and see whether the program can run or not.

2 errors are fixed in the v1.3.2.
Aug 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Hi Adrian,

It is working perfectly well now.
Thank you so much.

Regards,

Safai
Aug 13, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM
To senerh,
And if possible, to be able to merge database with SimPB.exe to one file, easier to share.
This feature is already available.
I have misunderstood you in previous reply.

The database engine can be merged with SimPB.exe into one file,
but I'm unable to merge the database's data file with SimPB.exe. It is out of my programming knowledge currently, ^^ :P
However, I agree with you that merging everything in one file is .... best. For me, that's a very cool feature.
I will implement it if I find a way to do it.
Aug 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Thank you very much Adriancs, sounds cool.

Aug 23, 2013 at 1:36 PM
To senerh:

I am going to halt the development of this project for a while (I can't tell until when to resume).
The 2 features below will be available (hopefully) at next release.

- To be able to change Column title (for example if you use a different language)
- Automatic text wrap, if your address or remarks are longer than your viewable row…
Aug 23, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Thanks for the update,

Regards,

Sener.